Here’s how to make a smoothie bowl! These tips and tricks make it easy to whip up this tasty breakfast or snack homemade.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (or any frozen fruit)
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 cup orange juice, plus more as needed
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Toppings: fresh berries, sliced bananas or other fruit, granola or nuts, coconut, almond butter, honey or maple syrup
- Place the bowl for the smoothie in the freezer, then prepare the toppings (this helps to slow the melting process).
- Place the frozen fruit, banana, Greek yogurt and orange juice in a blender. Blend until thick and smooth, adding a splash more orange juice as necessary.
- Pour into the bowl and quickly top with the toppings. Enjoy immediately.
*For vegan, omit the Greek yogurt and add more orange juice until the smoothie blends. Consider adding the optional protein powder or chia seeds.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Smoothie bowl