These strawberry desserts showcase the best this fresh sweet berry has to offer! Pick from treats like cakes, pies, ice cream and more.
When it comes to sweet treats, there’s nothing like the simple goodness of strawberries. Their bright flavor has inspired classic desserts from pies to crisps to cheesecake: and it’s hard to find someone who will refuse them. So ripe for the season, here’s a list of top strawberry desserts to try! They range from humble berry crisps to classy shortcakes and beautiful pound cakes. Alongside recipes from this website, we’re featuring selections from two baking experts: Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby Cakes and Imma Adamu from Immaculate Bites. Ready to get started?
And now…stunning strawberry desserts to try!
Not sure what strawberry dessert to make? These chocolate covered strawberries might be the easiest! The sweet tart fresh berries are covered with crunchy semi-sweet chocolate: an easy no-bake dessert that always looks stunning!
Strawberry shortcake marks the start of summer around here. This classic strawberry shortcake recipe has tender, biscuit-like shortcakes, juicy sweet berries, and fluffy, homemade whipped cream. It’s so ridiculously good, it’s perfect for special occasions of all kinds: cookouts, parties, birthdays, and anytime you come across a load of ripe, beautiful berries.
Wow. That’s what we hope you’ll say when you taste our perfect Strawberry Crumble recipe! There’s the berry filling, scented with orange zest and vanilla. There’s the crunchy crumble topping, hearty and homey with oats and walnuts. It’s simple, but all together it makes a true symphony of flavor: far greater than the sum of its parts. Even better: you can make it using fresh or frozen berries! This makes it a strawberry dessert you can whip up on moments notice.
Sometimes you need stunning strawberry dessert to impress everyone. Introducing…the best-ever fresh Strawberry Pie! It highlights the summery ripe berry flavor, perfectly sweet tart with a delicious hint of cinnamon. The flavor is almost beyond words. Our tasters declared it was “the best pie I’ve ever had.” Don’t believe us? Well, you’ve got to test for yourself!
This simplest strawberry tart is indeed the simplest. It’s got a crunchy pie crust that’s easy to put together and has a unique, nutty flavor. On top of that are delightfully sweet seasonal strawberries, sweetened mascarpone, and a thin layer of strawberry jam. This strawberry tart is all summer and perfect for any festive occasion.
Got berries and sweet tart rhubarb on hand? Make this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp! This spin on my family recipe has a filling just enough sweetness and a crumbly cinnamon-scented oat topping. It’s cozy, homey, and so darn good.
Homemade Strawberry Cupcakes
These bright berry cupcakes are moist and flavored with natural fruit: nothing artificial like a cake mix! These melt in your mouth fresh cupcakes are made from scratch and topped with a delicious fluffy strawberry buttercream frosting. via Grandbaby Cakes
Strawberry Cornmeal Cake
Cornmeal cake is like a cross between a buttery, coarse cornbread and a delicate, melt-in-your-mouth vanilla cake. Add strawberries and they settle to the top to make a fresh sweet topping. Serve with a rosemary and vanilla-bean whipped cream and prepare to be amazed! via Grandbaby Cakes
Strawberry Hand Pies
Turn your strawberry desserts into finger food with these hand pies! Cook the fresh berries down into a sweet, thick sauce, then spoon them into buttery pie dough rounds. Bake until golden brown, then coat them in strawberry powdered sugar an over-the-top beautiful presentation. via Grandbaby Cakes
Strawberry Ice Cream
Move over pies and cakes: you've got to try strawberry ice cream! This recipe is a southern style custard the features the contrast of rich cream with fresh strawberries. It's melt in your mouth good. via Grandbaby Cakes
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Here's a strawberry dessert that requires no baking at all: these No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars! The filling is easy to whip up and tastes just like strawberry ice cream. Accent it with a crunchy graham cracker crust. via Grandbaby Cakes
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Here's unique and fun strawberry dessert: Strawberry Lemonade Cake! It's a buttery lemon pound cake filled with a strawberry swirl, coated with both strawberry and lemon glazes! Each bite is berry filled with a citrus punch. via Grandbaby Cakes
Here's an easy strawberry dessert: Strawberry Trifle! There's no baking necessary here. Layer vanilla cake, homemade custard, fresh strawberries, strawberry glaze and whipped cream. All you need is a large glass bowl for serving: or you can also serve in individual glasses for personal desserts! via Immaculate Bites
What's more classic than a strawberry cheesecake? This recipe is classic, with an creamy, rich, and indulgent New York cheesecake base. Top it with a fresh strawberry compote for a zingy counterpoint. via Immaculate Bites
Strawberry Pound Cake
Last but not least in these strawberry desserts: Strawberry Pound Cake! This one is an absolute stunner, featuring a bright pink rich, moist pound cake topped with a strawberry glaze. It's sure to be a winner at any occasion. via African Bites
More recipes with strawberries
Strawberries work for more than just desserts! This versatile fruit is great in smoothies, sauces, salads and more. Here are a few more tasty strawberry recipes to try:
- Try a Strawberry Smoothie or Strawberry Lemonade
- Make Strawberry Waffles with a tasty Strawberry Sauce
- Go for a fresh Strawberry Salad
- Try tasty Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
15 Stunning Strawberry Desserts: Chocolate Covered Strawberries & More!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 15 to 20 strawberries 1x
Here’s how to make chocolate covered strawberries: an easy dessert that’s impressive every time! This recipe makes perfectly dipped berries.
- 1 pound ripe strawberries
- 5 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (like Guittard or Ghirardelli)
- Toppings: sprinkles, crushed pistachios (shown), crushed freeze dried raspberries (shown), crushed nuts, toasted coconut, white chocolate to drizzle (see below), and so forth
- Wash and dry the strawberries: Wash the strawberries and gently pat them as dry as possible.
- Line a baking sheet and prep toppings: Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Prepare all your toppings in advance and place them in bowls next to the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate: Place the chocolate chips into a dry glass measuring cup or small glass cup or bowl: the smaller the better. (Make sure it’s completely dry or the chocolate will seize.) Microwave on High power for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 30 seconds, stir, and 30 seconds more and stir. At this point it should be mostly melted with a few chunks: keep stirring until all the chocolate chunks disappear and the chocolate is perfectly smooth. (Keep stirring if it doesn’t fully melt. You can try another 10 second burst and stir again, but you’ll want to avoid getting the chocolate too hot. Read more at How to Microwave Chocolate.)
- Dip the strawberries and add toppings: Hold the green portion of a strawberry. Dip the strawberry into the chocolate and then pull it out, twisting it to let the excess drip off. Place the strawberry onto the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle it with toppings, since the chocolate dries quickly.
- White chocolate drizzle (optional): For a white chocolate drizzle, use 2 ounces of white chocolate and melt it in the same way as the semi-sweet. Dip a fork into the white chocolate and drizzle it on top of the semi-sweet chocolate. Note: Make sure cocoa butter (not vegetable oil) is listed in the ingredients of the white chocolate. White chocolate with vegetable oil does not melt well.
- Refrigerate: Refrigerate the tray of strawberries for 30 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. They’re best the day of making, but they can store for up to 1 day uncovered (don’t place them in a sealed container or they become soggy).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chocolate
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Strawberry desserts, strawberry dessert recipes
Let us know if you have any questions!